arcanedragon-2004arcanedragon-2004

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 32 Fans

Signs (Powernoise/EBM) Signs (Powernoise/EBM)

EQ the base and snare, and its flawless.

The kick was all up in my face as well as the snare. The hi-hat sounds very static as well, but far less worse than the snare. This song, is otherwise, is fucking awesome, far better than most of the material NGAP has to offer. Awesome. (5/5)(9/10)

[W] Do you love me? [W] Do you love me?

The effort shows.

So here is how I'm going to break it down...

Intro (0:00 - 0:47): The bass was extremely fuzzy and it overshadowed the kick in the back. But there isn't much to say here other than you might want to equalize it a little. The break into the first part with the lyrics was decent and executed pretty well, however the bass came back and it just didn't seem right.

Buildup (0:48 - 2:07): A buildup should never take that long, and the snares went for 4 straight measures before hitting the chorus again. The crash cymbal was also missed when going into the chorus.

Chorus (2:08 - 2:33) Well, that wasn't very long...nothing else I can say than to lengthen this and shorten the buildup.

Bridge(2:34 - 2:57) Nice variation, but it lacks in substance.

Chorus and Outro (2:58 - 4:19) The chorus was, again, lacking. The outro, completely weak. Why would you slowly lower the volume during the outro when you are just going to end it with one final beat? Seems unneeded.

Besides trying to master this track, the melody was very exceptional and the little variations that kept it from being to repetitive. The effort and skill is there, but you need to hone them a little better. Also, on a final note, I would suggest changing the lead synth to something a little more appealing to the ear.

I liked it, and its a great start to a great song, but like I said, work with it.

weemeee responds:

Ok, i'd have to agree with you :) my buildups are mostly way too long XD

Thanks for the constructive review ! :)

Peace out ~ [W]

&amp;lt;DjT&amp;gt; EoY <DjT> EoY

Nice transition...

I enjoyed the intro transition, something about melding the two together gave the feel that, how I interpreted it, "Even after loss, strength builds, allies are created, and one final attempt to fight a greater evil is made with a certain outcome."

I like it, however, the only thing I don't like is the ending. It left me hanging of the edge of my seat and I wanted more, but that off-key note just killed it...

Good job. 9/10, 4/5.

DjTrancite responds:

Haha.. I Didn't Know How To End It xD

Thanks.

<DjT>

The Dead And The Dying The Dead And The Dying

Lyrics &lt; bad, guitar and everything else &gt; life

The singer sucks...the band is far better than him.

fabricius89 responds:

hehe thanks for your opinion ;)

N.C.I.S. Theme (MK Remix) N.C.I.S. Theme (MK Remix)

This is probably the best I've heard so far...

As much as I like the beginning, the end as you stated is incorrect. I like the beginning much more than the actual body of the song, and that is what I based my score off of. I feel as if the lead isn't complimented with the bass. I would of enjoyed a little more melody, but that is just personal preference; it was good regardless. I hope to see a complete master of this soon. You did a really good job, keep working at it.

Also, if I may inquire, I would like to know how you created the synth in the beginning, as well as the sweep and the hard kick.

Legend of Zeld-Main Theme Legend of Zeld-Main Theme

Considering you'll still on your way...

Honestly, its a good first attempt, but it's way too out of tune and it hurts my ears. Come on man, you can do it!!

Fireflies Fireflies

Not another Eurogate!!

Don't get me wrong, I love the eurogate too, but it's used a little to much now.

The song is decent and so is the melody, but its repetitive a little quickly.

wii1 responds:

hehe, too much eurogate? Thats how the melody was meant to be, also, some bitch zero bombed me. What an ass.

Smile In Trance Smile In Trance

Gotta love that Eurogate.

The drums are missing!! There are no drums!!

Nice melody, but I seem to be missing the drums a little to much.

rugbyjoey responds:

Thanks,, i'll try to put some drums in :)

RES - I Don't Care RES - I Don't Care

As much as I want to like it...

There is just not enough going on in my opinion. You have the dance loop which was awesome but I was hoping it was going to build up to something a little more intricate, instead the synth in the back gets way too repetitive way too quickly.

Humble is correct, its respectable and was composed decently. Good job.

If you ever get a chance, check out my newest song: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/172668

Swerve responds:

Thank you very very much for your opinion! :) I know, it didn't really feel amazing to me, but I might revisit this some time.. Well, you made your point, and I think you are right.

I will definetely drop you a line:)

Thanks a bunch, the kind words are appreciated a lot!

-RES

CVSOTN: Dracula's Castle CVSOTN: Dracula's Castle

...same as the midi.

Honestly, it's not original at all, and I noticed it's pretty much same as the midi with the exception a few minor things. I'm still a fan of Castlevania, but all I could give you on this was a 6.